foot tremors

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel very unlucky to have tested at 48 in late January, falling to 47 in early March, and thinking I had just dodged a bullet - only to find I just can't walk.

I know it is some kind of neuropathy, as it is in the ankle, and then the side of the foot, and then the other side of the foot, then moving to the toes, and then the bottom of the foot, and the shins, and then back to the ankle again. The pain varies throughout the day. I'm thinking that I may have overeaten protein yesterday - which can turn into glucose - and then a couple of hours later I couldn't walk at all.

The doctor prescribed me something for nerve pain via an online consultation, but although the pharmacy is only about a quarter of a mile from my house, I tried to walk there this morning and after taking a few steps I realised I couldn't make it to the chemists to pick up the prescription. I'll have to try again on Monday.

After hours in bed today, I woke up to find my foot and leg constantly shaking. It's only a slight tremor, but very concerning. It took me half an hour to get out of bed and down the stairs today, falling onto the floor next to the bed and then crawling to the landing and down the stairs. And yet my blood reading show me only at 47, which is technically prediabetes.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel very unlucky to have tested at 48 in late January, falling to 47 in early March, and thinking I had just dodged a bullet - only to find I just can't walk.

I know it is some kind of neuropathy, as it is in the ankle, and then the side of the foot, and then the other side of the foot, then moving to the toes, and then the bottom of the foot, and the shins, and then back to the ankle again. The pain varies throughout the day. I'm thinking that I may have overeaten protein yesterday - which can turn into glucose - and then a couple of hours later I couldn't walk at all.

The doctor prescribed me something for nerve pain via an online consultation, but although the pharmacy is only about a quarter of a mile from my house, I tried to walk there this morning and after taking a few steps I realised I couldn't make it to the chemists to pick up the prescription. I'll have to try again on Monday.

After hours in bed today, I woke up to find my foot and leg constantly shaking. It's only a slight tremor, but very concerning. It took me half an hour to get out of bed and down the stairs today, falling onto the floor next to the bed and then crawling to the landing and down the stairs. And yet my blood reading show me only at 47, which is technically prediabetes.

Those are somewhat dramatic and worrying symptoms. Bearing in mind events of today, I might be inclined to give 111 a ring and discuss your inability to get out of bed and the sudden change to your mobility.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I think you need to get on the phone and call your doctor or emergency number as has been mentioned. I know I would be if in your shoes. Good luck.

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, no, Tophat, our healthcare system is not as responsive as it used to be. Healthcare is meant to be free, but is difficult to access in the UK. And with coronavirus the default is that that comes first. I ate nothing but peanut butter yesterday and by the end of the day the pain was less. I am now hobble slowly. I'm going to the pharmacy for my prescription today (for neuropathy). On Wednesday I have a renal tract exam scheduled, but it can confuse the doctors if you try to get treatment for more than one problem at a time, so I will have to leave it there for now.