ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just bought some nike trainers and was delighted to feel the extra space for toes to spread out. Not sure if too much space maybe encourage deforming thou.
Thick socks, here I come. Bridgedale ones need replacing before I finally throw 2 10yr old ones out. New ones from last year have taken a hammering already. Driving does have its advantages.

D

Deleted member 308541

I recently rediscovered DR Martens after 20 years and had forgotten how good the soles are. So comfortable! My question is what do you do about footwear? What's your shoe of choice?
I wear what is called a dress boot here in Australia, my favourites are RM Williams, Blundestone and Rossi.

RM's are the most expensive out of the three, but they are long lasting. I still wear a pair I bought in 1986 the elastic sides are needing to be replaced though.

Blundestone are excellent boots as well but not as expensive as RM's but not as long lasting either.

Rossi's are the cheapest of the lot, the pair I have on at the moment are nine years old.

I tend to wear the outside of the heels down at the back, need to get some "Blakey's" and whack into them.

Pope John Paul II wore Doc Martens as well.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I used to wear Adidas trainer's but they never had much space in the shoe for your feet so I went for a pair of Nike air and I found the cushion of air is perfect for me as I have a slight problem with the achilies heal on my left ankle just after I broke it and dislocated it and it supports it good and I have no problem walking around in them and I get plenty of toe room when you have to get a size 12 in a shoe size it's not that bad and if it's formal I wear a pair of catipilar trainer shoe they are a normal shoe but with all the benefits of a trainer air cushion and insole and the bottom is a trainer but they are a dress shoe and have plenty of space inside as well