Forever tired

Katey14064

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey all
I'm 26 was diagnosed in march. After diagnosis I had a heap of energy. Now I'm finding that I am chronically tired. Is this normal? I have early nights etc..just exhausted all the time:(
Potentially borderline hypothyroidism.
Got a month till I know about that one. I'm just struggling with everyday tasks atm!! Thanks in advance

D

Deleted Account

A couple of things spring to mind
- the emotional impact of the diagnosis, knowing you will be injecting insulin for the rest of your life and the emotional effort of continuously thinking about diabetes and how much insulin to take. Over time, managing diabetes can become as second nature as cleaning your teeth ... with a little more maths.
- the physical impact of too high or too low BG. With a BG between 5 and 7, I have much more energy.

Reactions: therower

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Living with insulin is a rather difficult transition. But as others will tell you, it gets easier with experience. Keep a record of your results and learn from the trends. All of us have been through this. We are here to assist.

Reactions: Katey14064

Katey14064

Type of diabetes
Type 1
A couple of things spring to mind
- the emotional impact of the diagnosis, knowing you will be injecting insulin for the rest of your life and the emotional effort of continuously thinking about diabetes and how much insulin to take. Over time, managing diabetes can become as second nature as cleaning your teeth ... with a little more maths.
- the physical impact of too high or too low BG. With a BG between 5 and 7, I have much more energy.

Thanks..ive been in the honeymoon stage and been on average around 6 with a few post meal spikes. I think overall.ove.got pretty good.control.as.my hba1ac was 45.
I've started seeing a therapist for the emotional stuff and it's starting feel a bit more routine especially as I have a libre now.

Maybe it is just tiring adjusting to everything..hope I get my energy back soo !!

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey all
I'm 26 was diagnosed in march. After diagnosis I had a heap of energy. Now I'm finding that I am chronically tired. Is this normal? I have early nights etc..just exhausted all the time:(
Potentially borderline hypothyroidism.
Got a month till I know about that one. I'm just struggling with everyday tasks atm!! Thanks in advance

Just wondered if you've had your vitamin d level checked??? If mine goes low I feel utterly shattered all the time.

Hope you feel better soon

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........