Forgot To Take Insulin

davidM1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone I’m just wondering your take on this... I’m a type 1 diabetic since December 2017 my last HBA1C was 5.3% (34) and I understand this is a hard target for a type 1 and I don’t do anything special, the reason for my post is that I have recently ate some meals (each meal was round about 60g of carb) and forgot to take my insulin and when I have remembered I checked my sugar levels and they were normal, and that’s leaving me very confused? Am I really a type 1?

D

Deleted Account

Sorry but I will answer with questions as it is not possible to say with the information you have provided:
- how long after eating did you test? What was it?
- what did you eat?
- did you test before eating, if so, what was your reading?
- how much insulin do you normally take?
- do you often hypo?

Bear in mind, if you have been diagnosed recently, your body is still producing some insulin.
And, we are not doctors so cannot give an absolute answer.

davidM1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry but I will answer with questions as it is not possible to say with the information you have provided:
- how long after eating did you test? What was it?
- what did you eat?
- did you test before eating, if so, what was your reading?
- how much insulin do you normally take?
- do you often hypo?

Bear in mind, if you have been diagnosed recently, your body is still producing some insulin.
And, we are not doctors so cannot give an absolute answer.

I tested 2 hours after I ate
I ate a Baguette
I tested before eating and it was at 7
I take a 12/1 carb ratio
I have hypos maybe 1/2 times per week

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone I’m just wondering your take on this... I’m a type 1 diabetic since December 2017 my last HBA1C was 5.3% (34) and I understand this is a hard target for a type 1 and I don’t do anything special, the reason for my post is that I have recently ate some meals (each meal was round about 60g of carb) and forgot to take my insulin and when I have remembered I checked my sugar levels and they were normal, and that’s leaving me very confused? Am I really a type 1?
You're probably still honeymooning, it can last a long time. I think mine was 3 years! Enjoy it while it lasts, I remember when it ended and suddenly I couldn't test without seeing numbers in the teens.

D

Deleted Account

I tested 2 hours after I ate
I ate a Baguette
I tested before eating and it was at 7
I take a 12/1 carb ratio
I have hypos maybe 1/2 times per week
If you did not have diabetes, you would hypo more often if you were taking insulin.
To me it looks like you have diabetes but in the honeymoons stage.
Depending on what was in the baguette (e.g. if you had something fatty like cheese), it may take longer to affect your BG.
If you forget again, I suggest regular testing for the next 4 hours to make sure you don't go too high.

davidM1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you did not have diabetes, you would hypo more often if you were taking insulin.
To me it looks like you have diabetes but in the honeymoons stage.
Depending on what was in the baguette (e.g. if you had something fatty like cheese), it may take longer to affect your BG.
If you forget again, I suggest regular testing for the next 4 hours to make sure you don't go too high.

Okay thank you for the replies! I did a lot of cardio in the morning so that could have helped lower the BS aswell