Forum App isn't 'appy

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been away from posting on the Forum for a few weeks due to family needing me elsewhere, and the sad loss of a family friend. However I have tried to get on here via the App and have found it VERY limited as to what you can actually do.

Very few of the posters details are present, and whilst you can reply to a post, making a new post is extremely difficult, and I gave up in the end.

As many new people coming to the forum will do so via the App these days, could it perhaps be updated to improve accessibility/information, so the good work of the forum can be spread further afield. I have asked others if they have the same issues and find it to be the case with people then going elsewhere for advice - so clearly it is a point worthy of looking into.

I'm now accessing via www and am amazed at the difference and ease of access to all the forums. Keep up the good work!

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been away from posting on the Forum for a few weeks due to family needing me elsewhere, and the sad loss of a family friend. However I have tried to get on here via the App and have found it VERY limited as to what you can actually do.

Very few of the posters details are present, and whilst you can reply to a post, making a new post is extremely difficult, and I gave up in the end.

As many new people coming to the forum will do so via the App these days, could it perhaps be updated to improve accessibility/information, so the good work of the forum can be spread further afield. I have asked others if they have the same issues and find it to be the case with people then going elsewhere for advice - so clearly it is a point worthy of looking into.

I'm now accessing via www and am amazed at the difference and ease of access to all the forums. Keep up the good work!
Sorry for your loss @Nidge247.

I too find the app hopeless and have a much better experience using a browser on my smartphone.

I'm yet to find anybody who prefers the app over the webpage.

Reactions: Nidge247
D

Deleted member 308541

I prefer to use the Chrome browser on my Android phone and tablet, as it is a lot faster than the so called "app"which is appalling.

Reactions: fullenglish22

Beth.uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi new to all this, I have downloaded the app but unfortunately it does not allow me to post reply, keeps saying I do not have permission to reply. Anyone know how I can over come this?

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
the app is erm **** to be honest, it needs an update more than my basal needs

Reactions: Beth.uk