Forum connection

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was wondering if anyone has had any problems with internet connection to the forum recently. I'm not very techno savvy but my usual route to the forum doesn't seem to connect, I've managed to gain access via another route. Curious to know if it's me or not where the problem lies.
Thanks

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, it been awful on and off for a week or two now. Yesterday was particularly bad.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Some forums (not connected with diabetes) post something on their twitter or facebook pages if there is problem. This, at least, lets members know that there is a difficulty, not of their own causing, and that something is being done.
Just a thought,
Sally

Reactions: Prem51

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was wondering if anyone has had any problems with internet connection to the forum recently. I'm not very techno savvy but my usual route to the forum doesn't seem to connect, I've managed to gain access via another route. Curious to know if it's me or not where the problem lies.
Thanks

Same here I just gave up yesterday and it seems Ok today and never really had an issue before, maybe the North Koreans are responsible? Kim Un'done and his mob

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was bad for a time yesterday- been ok today but a bit slow just now

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I connect without much issue, but am finding navigation very slow indeed. I have given up several times these past few days.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good afternoon yes yesterday was bad 2 to 3 hours for I could get on the forum and Sunday was the same:)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks

have you tried your more usual route to the forum today, therower? If you have and it wouldn't work, it would be worthwhile clearing your cookies and history and trying again.

I understand there was a big backup carried out yesterday and that is likely to have been the cause of yesterday's issues, which I understand were very widespread. It wasn't the intent to slow the forum down, but sometimes these things happen.

If you still can't take your preferred route, please post again and tag me, and I'll raise it with the techies for investigation or an explanation.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I had problems yesterday too, and gave up trying to post, but it seems to be ok now.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Snap re yesterday but I just check every now and again
Things happen

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@AndBreathe . Thank you for the information and offer of assistance. Everything seems back to normal now, with not being a techno wiz everything takes me a while to figure out.

Reactions: AndBreathe
D

Deleted member 308541

There is intermittent slowdowns in page loading times right now for me.

I am on a fast connection so it's not me but this forum as all of the forum websites I use load ok.

Notifications on downtime can be placed on the server as a temporary index page, and stating that downtime will be from the hours XXXX AM to XXXX PM.