forum help please

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been on the forum for about 6 months now and each evening at the top of the lists of threads, I click "recent posts" and i thought I was getting everything posted since I last checked...
But today I find there are loads of threads that have had posts today that don't appear in my "recent posts" lists.

How do I get to see all the recentest or newest posts each time?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hi @MrsA2 I don't have a clue! I just visit the threads I've posted on, and my phone/the app usually helpfully takes me to "last unread". I'll bet it all depends on what view you have on which device!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been on the forum for about 6 months now and each evening at the top of the lists of threads, I click "recent posts" and i thought I was getting everything posted since I last checked...
But today I find there are loads of threads that have had posts today that don't appear in my "recent posts" lists.

How do I get to see all the recentest or newest posts each time?

MrsA2 - could you give me some examples of what you aren't seeing?

As a for instance, General Chat doesn't appear in Recent Posts

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The thread I was looking for was in General Chat.
Are other main headings excluded too?
Is there any way I can get everything in one list?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The thread I was looking for was in General Chat.
Are other main headings excluded too?
Is there any way I can get everything in one list?

I don't believe there are any other excluded areas.

You can see everything by going to the Forum front page, and selecting what yu want to read, but not in a way similar to Recent Posts.

It was changes some years ago because some of the General Chat threads can get very busy, but on a diabetes site, it was considered unhelpful to have the first page or so populated, almost exclusively by Alphabet/film/city/football/joke and so on threads.

If I recall, it was very tiresome. In fact, I'd say, it was dire.

I'd suggest if you find threads you want to be sure of reading, then put each thread in Watch, then you would receive notifications when the thread was active.

Reactions: MrsA2