Forum security check

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else getting a brand new captcha style security check when editing a post?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @HSSS

This is a known issue that happens from time to time. If it happens repeatedly, please shout!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else getting a brand new captcha style security check when editing a post?

Yes, this happens to me too -- especially when I edit one of my posts more than once or post a picture. Have you seen any correlations with what you are trying to do on the forum?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It happened to me for the first time yesterday, when editing a typo out of my post.
First time I have seen it.
No sign of it today, despite multiple typo corrections!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, this happens to me too -- especially when I edit one of my posts more than once or post a picture. Have you seen any correlations with what you are trying to do on the forum?

Yes. Happens if:

a) Editing a post a couple of times in quick succession or very shortly after first posting it.
b) Adding/editing a lot of links, or if the post is quite long.

It has been reported to HO.

Reactions: ziggy_w

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This was the first time it happened editing a post and not since, and I edit a lot for typos. Actually reassured that’s it’s a known issue and not my device doing odd things.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lie. I was replying to a post just now and it flashed up repeatedly and refused to post. Not a long or unusual post and no images etc.

Just as well as I was replying before I got to the end of the thread and it was best not said. (Auto moderation maybe lol)

Last edited: