Forxgia

nanny12345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was started on forxgia alongside metformin slow release last weekend felt seriously unwell ,headache dizzy ,backache drank loads in bathroom constantly .stopped taking it mid week could not function and sugar levels did not change 7 and 8 . was a seriously frightening experience back on januvia now with metformin but. have to get numbers down struggling.

Reactions: Liam1955

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the forum @nanny12345 :)

I can't answer your questions as I have an aversion to any medication. I went that route for eight years in the 1990's. Never could make it work for me due to side effects. Hopefully others will come along and answer your questions.

Thankfully, I found my way here and learned that changes to the diet and the addition of physical activity result in reducing or eliminating the need for medication which simplifies things nicely.

Great questions. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @nanny12345 and Welcome to the Forum :). Tagging @daisy1 who will provide you with some basic information that all new members receive on joining the Forum.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was started on 5 mg forxiga and had the headache, backache and constant peeing for about 3 or 4 days then it all went away. I have been taking 10 mg per day for a year now with no problems at all along with a low carb diet. Weight is coming off slowly and sugars are usually between 4 and 6. I started in the 20's. I also take 2000 mg of extended release metformin per day.

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi again @nanny12345 - I took Forxiga for 1 year and it lowered my blood sugars, lowered my HBA1C from 81 to 56 and lost 1 stone 4 lbs. Then I began to suffer episodes of Thrush in my groin and burning urine, so it was stopped. Was off the drug for 10 months and went back on it a month ago. Due to taking strong pain relief tablets and morphine my HBA1C shot up to 76 in January this year.
It is a good drug but you need to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.