1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Forxiga

Discussion in 'Diabetes Medication and Drugs' started by sweaty betty, Mar 12, 2018.

1. sweaty betty

sweaty betty Type 2 · Active Member

I've just started forxiga in addition to insulin (pump) and metformin.

So far, so good. My bg was in the teens and now is mostly single figures and I'm hoping to improve this further.

But I've noticed my urine smells different (that is, it's noticeable, i don't routinely go around sniffing my urine...).

I've tested for ketones which have come up as "lo" so I don't think I have to worry about ketoacidosis.

Should I be concerned otherwise?

2. kareeta

kareeta Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi

I have been on this drug for around six months now (i'm type 1). I noticed this too, I think it is the glucose being flushed out of your system as that is one of the main effects of the drug. I smell like sugar puffs occasionally! :)

3. sweaty betty

sweaty betty Type 2 · Active Member

Ha! Yes, sugar puffs, that might be if! Thanks - pleased it's normal in the grand scheme of things.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook