Found new low carb product!

Grazer

Found a new low-carb product at Sainsburys. You probably all know about it already, but it's "Crusha no-added-sugar mixa", strawberry flavour. It's 1gram carb per 100grams, with 0 grams sugar. It's for milkshakes, but I'm going to try it in my "Malc's low carb ice cream" in place of fruit. Will make my 5g per ice cream mix into !.75 grams per icecream. I'll let you know how I get on if anyone's interested

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Yay! Good spot. I'll have to hide it somewhere to stop the kids drinking it all.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have mine in a glass of ice cold, half-and-half, milk and cream. I use Lactofree which has the came amount of carbs as cream.

wiflib

Scoob57

Dislikes
Selfish, ignorant people. Bad manners.
Brilliant news! Thanks Grazer. I'll definitely give that a bash. (Shame it's not banana, but hey, beggars can't be choosers! :wink: )

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya!

You could try the sugar-free syrups from the Low Carb Mega Store. They have a very wide range of flavours. I haven't tried them, but they look like they might be OK for ice-cream etc.

Smidge

Grazer

I'll try the syrups smidge. Meantime, I made my ice cream with the sugar free syrup from Crusha and it was AWESOME.

Grazer

Carbdodger said:
Have bought today. Not sure now what to do with it. Love the concept.
Cd

Want to try my ice-cream? Don't have to have an ice cream maker. Following works:_

mix two egg YOLKS with 10 teaspoons canderel (or similar) POWDER until you get a yellow gooey mix. To separate the yolks from the whites, just crack the eggs into your hands and let the white run out between your fingers. (Doesn't work if you break the egg yolk when you crack the egg!)

Add 250 mlls milk (full cream, low fat, doesn't matter) and 60mls of the strawberry crusha to the yellow goo and mix up to get a pink mixture.

In a separate bowl, beat (whisk) 150mls of double cream until it starts to go stiff - not solid, just so you get little peaks when you lift the cream a bit.

Add the pink stuff to the cream, and mix it all up. If you have an ice cream maker, put it in. If not, put the bowl in the freezer and take it out to stir REGULARLY (every 15 mins?) until it sets to the right consistency. (NOT totally frozen)

At this stage, I take it out and put it into about 6 little separate bowls (ramekins), cover them in clingfilm and then foil, and put in freezer to keep.

When you want one, take it out and stand it in the fridge for about 30 mins before eating to let it soften a little.

Sounds complicated, but the whole process with the mixtures only takes about ten mins when you're used to it.

Each ice cream is about 1.7 grams carbs

Let me know how you get on!