Found this dark blister on my foot and I’ve scared myself stupid.

EmilyMay11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This evening after my shower I noticed this dark blister type mark on my heel. Blood perfusion is good around the blister but what the hell is it?? Of course straight on Google and I’ve convinced I’ve got gangrene. Any ideas (going to have a very sleepless night tonight worrying.

Can’t say when it appeared as stupidly I don’t check my feet often. Did go on a hike about 4 weeks ago and got blisters on my heel, could it be from that?

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    869.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    888.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Hug
Reactions: EllieM

mouseee

If you're worried and have an app for your GP, send them these photos. This works well with my drs and I've always been called in when they want to get a better look at something. Feet are important and us diabetics need to look after them.

• Useful

EmilyMay11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're worried and have an app for your GP, send them these photos. This works well with my drs and I've always been called in when they want to get a better look at something. Feet are important and us diabetics need to look after them.
I’m going to do an e-consult for my surgery tomorrow. Hopefully will get some reassurance before the bank holiday weekend but we’ll see!
I definitely will be checking my feet a lot more often now (if I don’t lose my foot that is )
Thank you for your response. X

• Friendly