Free freestyle libre type 2 on insulin

MrCuddlyMoses

As of this week 25th of April I now have my libre on prescription, I'm a type 2 on insulin and now due to the policy changes we type 2 on insulin can get for free

Reactions: michita
D

Deleted Account

Congratulations
I assume the criteria for type 2 are the same as the criteria for type 1: at least 8 tests per day, etc?
I guess the Libre are not available on prescription (which is paid for my tax payers, not “free”) to every type 2 on insulin.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations
I assume the criteria for type 2 are the same as the criteria for type 1: at least 8 tests per day, etc?
I guess the Libre are not available on prescription (which is paid for my tax payers, not “free”) to every type 2 on insulin.
If testing at least 8 times a day is the criteria, everyone can get them on prescription. It just sounds too good to be true to me :). I think assumption is that your control has to be bad? I will ask my GP next time to find out but I feel almost I don’t deserve to have them totally free knowing that it’s so expensive and there are so many others struggling a lot more than I am. It would be nice if I can get some discount though.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Congratulations
Type2s still hv to fulfill criteria as a type1. Insulin DEPENDANT. Not all insulin user type2s will qualify.
I'm praying I won't qualify. Otherwise my fight to stop insulin will be over.
I'm trying to get rid of insulin after bariatric op. Endo thinks I'll still need basal. I guess most type2s need a substitute first response. Otherwise we'd not spike and retain that higher bg level. We'd be like none diabetics... Spike then level out.

Its normal to spike but not healthy to retain and accumulate. Right!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If testing at least 8 times a day is the criteria, everyone can get them on prescription. It just sounds too good to be true to me :). I think assumption is that your control has to be bad? I will ask my GP next time to find out but I feel almost I don’t deserve to have them totally free knowing that it’s so expensive and there are so many others struggling a lot more than I am. It would be nice if I can get some discount though.
Yes. Brittle diabetics qualify.

Gail1947

I am new to this site. I am confused about giving a type 2 Insulin?
Dr Jason Fung preaches that this will make the condition worse in the long run and treats his patients with LCHF Diet which cures of 70% in a few months. .???