Free Style Libre sensor meets sweat/sports

Leo_pro

Hi you all, I'm a Diabetic for over 20 years now and I have always done lots of sports. Since using the FreeStyle Libre and getting it going with intense training sessions (Basketball), I can't help but notice that my sensors keep falling off. Some of them within a day after the initial application. Obviously, the physicality of the game could be an answer but I don't believe that's the case as I tried different spots and the outcome was most often the same (even when there was hardly any physicality involved).

Long story short: For all you guys out there who sweat a lot while doing their workouts using a sensor -- how do you manage for them to stay in place while training? I ordered some tapes and skintac and but I'm eager to hear from your experience.

Thanks!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered some tapes and skintac and but I'm eager to hear from your experience.
I use Fixomull/Hypafix (depending on where you live) and haven't lost a sensor in years. I cut squares of 10x10 cm and cut the corners round.
Often a patch will keep for the whole two weeks, sometimes it needs changing in the second week. If you put a piece of tissue the size of your sensor on the sensor you can easily take the patch of without taking the sensor with it.

I also clean the area very well with alcohol before applying.
upload_2022-8-5_13-12-40.png