1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Free Style Libre - Smart Watch Scanning

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Scarlett91, May 27, 2020.

1. Scarlett91

Scarlett91 Type 1 · Active Member

Does anyone know if you can use a Smart Watch to directly scan a freestyle libre?
    If this is possible which smart watches are best to do this? I'm guessing the watch would have to have NFC like a smart phone does.

The only info I can find include a MaioMaio to get continuous bg results.

Thanks

2. Peter03

Peter03 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

There are others but I use miao miao and xdrip with a ticwatch pro 2020 it seems to work okay and I find it very helpful, there are cheaper watches such watlaa but how good I do not know, P.S. You do not have to scan with the above it just sends your bg reading every 5 minutes to your smartwatch

#2 Peter03, May 28, 2020 at 6:48 PM
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  3. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have just purchased a Watlaa watch after having problems with my Ticwatch Pro.
    So far I am very impressed with the Watlaa. It is totally standalone but can also connect to Xdrip+

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook