Freestyle Libra 2 Glucose Monitor

LJClements

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been using the Libra 2 glucose testing system for around a year with no issues until recently. Over the last four weeks I have a had a series of issues with the sensors. Firstly the out of range alarm keeps going off so I turned it off. Then a sensor came off around 6 days before it expired, I replaced it with no issue unfortunately the next day the new sensor failed giving an error message “YOUR SENSOR HAS ENDED”. I replaced the faulty sensor which seemed to be working fine however I then realised it wasn’t triggering alarm when I went high or low. I searched across the web and it appears that the issue again may relate to the sensor. I contacted Freestyle helpline via email they responded stating due to high demand they be in touch within 72 hours, 128 hours later and I haven’t heard a thing. I intend to carry on using this sensor minus alarms until it expires or Libra respond advising me otherwise. Not Good.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been using the Libra 2 glucose testing system for around a year with no issues until recently. Over the last four weeks I have a had a series of issues with the sensors. Firstly the out of range alarm keeps going off so I turned it off. Then a sensor came off around 6 days before it expired, I replaced it with no issue unfortunately the next day the new sensor failed giving an error message “YOUR SENSOR HAS ENDED”. I replaced the faulty sensor which seemed to be working fine however I then realised it wasn’t triggering alarm when I went high or low. I searched across the web and it appears that the issue again may relate to the sensor. I contacted Freestyle helpline via email they responded stating due to high demand they be in touch within 72 hours, 128 hours later and I haven’t heard a thing. I intend to carry on using this sensor minus alarms until it expires or Libra respond advising me otherwise. Not Good.
I’ve always found if you ring them the issue is dealt with immediately, maybe worth a try

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
Abbotts are odd in their customer service......
I too emailed them some time ago and the response i got bared no resemblance to my query!

I used the live chat which took that long and was so drawn out i grew a beard!

However every time i have phoned them my query has been dealt with efficiently and professionally.

Just a thought.

Good luck

Tony

LJClements

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been using the Libra 2 glucose testing system for around a year with no issues until recently. Over the last four weeks I have a had a series of issues with the sensors. Firstly the out of range alarm keeps going off so I turned it off. Then a sensor came off around 6 days before it expired, I replaced it with no issue unfortunately the next day the new sensor failed giving an error message “YOUR SENSOR HAS ENDED”. I replaced the faulty sensor which seemed to be working fine however I then realised it wasn’t triggering alarm when I went high or low. I searched across the web and it appears that the issue again may relate to the sensor. I contacted Freestyle helpline via email they responded stating due to high demand they be in touch within 72 hours, 128 hours later and I haven’t heard a thing. I intend to carry on using this sensor minus alarms until it expires or Libra respond advising me otherwise. Not Good
Hi
Abbotts are odd in their customer service......
I too emailed them some time ago and the response i got bared no resemblance to my query!

I used the live chat which took that long and was so drawn out i grew a beard!

However every time i have phoned them my query has been dealt with efficiently and professionally.

Just a thought.

Good luck

Tony
Tony
Thank You for the information

Hibby65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I’m having similar problems either falling off or stop working / sensor faulty after only 1-3 days

Reactions: Davecummins