1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre 2 - constant false signal loss alarms

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Katieemmahope, May 19, 2021.

1. Katieemmahope

Katieemmahope Type 1 · Member

Hi all,

I have been using my FL2 for a little while now, since February I think, available on the NHS as I am just about to start the fertility process for my girlfriend and I to have a baby, which is fab.

What is not so fab is for the last three or four sensors, my phone (samsung s9) has been adamant that I am having notification issues multiple times a day. It beeps (v. loudly) and says that my notifications are not currently available. I can dismiss the alarm, or click the button which takes me to the settings, but, dear reader, in full transparency, let me tell you, there is nothing on my phone not allowing notifications through. I know because shortly before or after, I will have been alerted by an alarm, so it's incorrect!!

Has anyone else had this as a problem, or managed to fix it?

I've called the number to speak to someone in the Czech Republic about it, but they just keep sending me new sensors....

2. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you are not alone in having problems with lost signal alarms.
    With other applications, I have become aware that more people experience Bluetooth problems with Samsung than any other manufacturer of phones. I understand this is not much help to you as few of us can afford to change our phones.

It is possible to turn off the loss of signal alarm. The phone can still be used to scan the sensor and the high and low alarms can be enabled. However, if your phone does lose signal with the sensor, you have to scan the sensor and, if you don't you may not get the high and low alarms. So, I guess, it depends how important the alarms are for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Katieemmahope

Thank you for your reply! It's not just the signal loss alarm in my case, although that is one of the issues. The normal error is just it telling me all alarms are unavailable.... loudly and repeatedly, and annoyingly, as, the alarms are working fine and doing their own thing superbly.... sad to see its potentially a Samsung issue. Weird, also, that it hasn't been happening from the start, and it's got worse now....

Attached Files:

4. barrym

barrym LADA · Well-Known Member

Mine does this too. Solution suggested is remove app and reinstall! Some folk have said this worked for them, but you lose the 90 day history on the phone, which I'm not prepared to do at the moment,

All data is secure on LibreView server though, assuming you are using it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Katieemmahope

No! Dont say that! The lady from Freestyle got me to do it yesterday, and she didnt tell me that! So I have lost everything also, it's made it worse now, so definitely dont do it. Are you on a Samsung?

• Hug Hug x 1
  6. barrym

Not a Samsung, a Google Pixel. I'm not sure it's anything to do with the phone, more likely something set in the database that can't be under by mere mortals. Reinstalling wouldn't fix the phone!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Katieemmahope

Boo! I've turned off both the error notification and the signal loss notification. here's hoping I didnt need them on....

8. barrym

Be aware that my understanding is that once an alarm has been triggered, whether audible or not, a fresh scan is required to reset the sensor to alert you to the next time. Also the alarm will keep pestering you until you do the scan.

HTH

9. charleym

charleym Type 1 · Member

I don't want to start a new thread so am adding to this one.

Almost every new sensor it's saying out of range. After 1 or 2 days it stops but I have to put up with non stop notifications until then and then it stops.

Has anyone had this and found an easy solution?

My sensor replacement time is around 11pm so then have to turn everything on my phone onto silent else it constantly alerts me all night.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook