Type 1 Freestyle Libre 2 failures

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve had three sensors out of the last four fail on me completely with the replace sensor error! I might as well try and get the sensors removed from my prescription and revert back to finger pricks! No alarms but at least they’re reliable!

This one failed and I didn’t even get a scan
4522f9347dde66ab1c4d02255ea1f372.jpg

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It’s not the first time I’ve had a problem with one or two sensors myself but if you contact freestyle they will send you out a replacement sensor to you and you’ll have to send the faulty one back but it’s only a pain with having to phone them to get a replacement sensor and then having to wait for it to be delivered to you but as you said they are more reliable than the finger prick and they don’t hurt you as much with just once going into you and that’s it for a fortnight and then you replace it but when they break it is a pain because it doesn’t tell you until it is in your arm and you try to scan it for the first time at least when I do it it’s normally after the hour and I get the message and that’s because the needle has bent when it’s went through the skin and into your arm and you have to do it a little bit more gently when you push it in the applicator

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
I wouldn't want to be without a cgm, personally. If you've given up on libre (I feel your frustration) you could consider asking to be moved to an alternative?
Dexcom ONE????

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The reason why I wouldn't go to dexcom is the unreliable readings they give you and the failures of the sensors as they give out more than Libre and I had a good look at the reviews and there is more on it than I expected so that is why Libre sensor is on my arm and it's working now without any problems because I had a word with freestyle and they said I had to download the other app and add it with the Libre app which is the Libre Link and it is working without a problem

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The reason why I wouldn't go to dexcom is the unreliable readings they give you and the failures of the sensors as they give out more than Libre
Please could you provide a link to this 'fact'.

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Heya. I have type 3c and I'm non-symptomatic. I currently have the Libre 2 on prescription, but am often getting faulty sensors. Even though Libre replace them, I'm still at risk if my sugar levels rocket or go low, when I'm not finger pricking. Does anyone have better luck with any other CGMs? Also, if I get the Libre 2 on prescription, does that mean I can get any CGM on prescription?

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Because you get the Libre 2 sensors on prescription you won't get a CGM on prescription from the same way and you have to pay for it from your app store Google or Apple store and they are the only place that does them so that is why you can't get it on prescription from the NHS and why they won't pay for it only for the Libre 2 sensors on prescription you will get to help you as I know because I get them as well and I have asked and got my answer so that I can answer your question for you