Freestyle libre 2 hypo errors?

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else experiencing a bit of issues when it comes to hypos with the libre 2?
I get false alarms sometimes where it will alarm, I’ll scan and it’ll say my sugar is 4.4 when my alarm barrier is set to 4.2. then once I’ve treated a hypo the sensor will instantly lose signal for half hour or so or continue to send low alarms although a quick finger prick will say the hypos been treated. Even with the delay taken into consideration. Anyone else experiencing similar issues when it comes to hypos? It’s great any other time.. not sure if perhaps it’s an issue with the sensor itself.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else experiencing a bit of issues when it comes to hypos with the libre 2?
I get false alarms sometimes where it will alarm, I’ll scan and it’ll say my sugar is 4.4 when my alarm barrier is set to 4.2. then once I’ve treated a hypo the sensor will instantly lose signal for half hour or so or continue to send low alarms although a quick finger prick will say the hypos been treated. Even with the delay taken into consideration. Anyone else experiencing similar issues when it comes to hypos? It’s great any other time.. not sure if perhaps it’s an issue with the sensor itself.

Hi,

I do find the Libre 2 (like the 1.) slow to reflect a rise from a low with any graph interpretation on whateverr app I use.
Now dropping, I find the Libre 2 will alarm on the Diabox app I'm currently using a good 5 minutes before I feel low?
The first time I thought when the already kicked off "am I hell.?" Then after a few minutes, "hello?"
I've set a snooze time of half an hour after I've treated, but it can still kick off after the meter confirmed how I feel..
Once the Libre2 falls back in line with me, I find it reasonably stable.

So I wouldn't disagree with your experience using the set up you have...

Oops edited to add; seeing as the sensor interprets BGs through measuring interstitial fluid? Possibly it the last thing to respond from a low while the brain takes a priority.. I know my brain & eyes waves the white flag first whilst the BGs sink..

Last edited:

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that when the alarm goes off (either high or low) I’m usually 1 mmol the right side of it’s reading. Saturday I was getting low alarms at 4 but was actually 5 so I just waited 15 mins to see which way I went.

I only really trust finger pricks for correcting lows & highs, using the sensor for all the times in between.

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Lphumph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just had the alarm go off just before bed showing a reading of 3.6 but immediately used a finger prick test and the reading was 6 so I’ll ignore it and test again in 15 mins

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The advice I was given was to ALWAYS test with a finger prick test before making any corrections whethe treating a hypo or correcting a high.
I guess there is the exception is if you feel wobbly hypo.

RoughcutAU

I find that when the alarm goes off (either high or low) I’m usually 1 mmol the right side of it’s reading. Saturday I was getting low alarms at 4 but was actually 5 so I just waited 15 mins to see which way I went.

I only really trust finger pricks for correcting lows & highs, using the sensor for all the times in between.

@TashT1 Ditto! I find the exact same.

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sometimes I find it says I'm low for a bit then it rises slowly afterwards, almost as if the reader has changed its mind. This happens after meals during periods where my control is good. For example, I woke up this morning and it was 5.5 and I had breakfast later on, having injected 20 minutes in advance. When I got to work later the alarm was going off at 4.2 and I had a chocolate Penguin but very shortly after it had stabilised to 5.1.