Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars, corrupt people in authority.
Has anyone got any comments on the above?

Pros and Cons?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Do you mean as opposed to the Libre 1 or do you mean pro's and cons of a Libre device?
I was considering getting one but replacing every 14 days seems expensive, are they effecti3ve?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was considering getting one but replacing every 14 days seems expensive, are they effecti3ve?
I'm still on the Libre 1 so I can't tell you about Libre 2.
For me, as a type 1 on insulin the Libre has made my life a lot easier, but a lot of this is because it allows me to react quicker with insulin or food to highs and lows. I have been self funding for years before finally getting them covered by insurance, and yes, it's expensive and I'm not rich.
For a T2 not on insulin it can still have a lot of advantages by enabling you to see trends in your blood sugar.

For me, they read lower than a simply glucose meter, which is very annoying, but it's still worth it for me.

You can always try one as a one-off, you only need a smartphone to read a sensor. It seems they are handing out free samples now in the UK, but I have no idea how this works for Guernsey: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/libre-2-sensor-free-trial.180199/#post-2372664

Alternatively, if you want to buy over the counter, they're cheaper in France than they are in England.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm still on the Libre 1 so I can't tell you about Libre 2.
For me, as a type 1 on insulin the Libre has made my life a lot easier, but a lot of this is because it allows me to react quicker with insulin or food to highs and lows. I have been self funding for years before finally getting them covered by insurance, and yes, it's expensive and I'm not rich.
For a T2 not on insulin it can still have a lot of advantages by enabling you to see trends in your blood sugar.

For me, they read lower than a simply glucose meter, which is very annoying, but it's still worth it for me.

You can always try one as a one-off, you only need a smartphone to read a sensor. It seems they are handing out free samples now in the UK, but I have no idea how this works for Guernsey: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/libre-2-sensor-free-trial.180199/#post-2372664

Alternatively, if you want to buy over the counter, they're cheaper in France than they are in England.

Thanks for that, I’m going to hold back for now, it may be that they reduce in price.

Reactions: Antje77