Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been using the Libre 2 Sensor for nearly 6 months and sometimes I still get readings that don’t match with my Accu Chek monitor. For example at 3.55 a.m. last night it gave a reading of 3.6 whereas my Accu Chek Mobile gave a 5.4. I had no Hypo symptoms. Anyone else finding these problems? I am Type 1.

Loey

Dana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm also a type 1 and using Libre 2 sensor.
I had the same issue, especially when starting a new sensor. If this would not repeat for more than one day, I would keep the sensor. But when it persisted, I called them and they sent a new sensor for free.
Also, please be aware that you need to update your app if you have an Android phone, because they had some errors with it.

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm also a type 1 and using Libre 2 sensor.
I had the same issue, especially when starting a new sensor. If this would not repeat for more than one day, I would keep the sensor. But when it persisted, I called them and they sent a new sensor for free.
Also, please be aware that you need to update your app if you have an Android phone, because they had some errors with it.
Thank you Dana

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Loey1953 have you read about the limitations of all CGMs including Libre?
The one I am thinking of is compression lows - when you apply pressure to a sensor, it records a false low. This typically happens at night when you lay on your arm.
Alternatively, if you have recently applied your sensor, it could be that your arm is getting used to the embedded foreign object. This can take up to 48 hours during which readings can be a little random. This is the reading why some of us apply our sensors a day or two before activating them.

There are other limitations so I recommend scanning through the multitude of threads on the topic as these have been described many many times.
If you understand the limitations, Libre is a fantastic piece of kit. If you don't, it is just a frustration.