Freestyle libre 2

annipinkmoped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all Im type 2 I will be having a libre 2 fitted on 8 july how does everyone get on with them

Melgar

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome @annipinkmoped. I love the name! I use a Libre 2. I have got so used to a sensor being there I miss it when it isn’t. I personally find it very helpful , especially the time in range feature. The sensor can become a bit flakey at low blood glucose readings and high blood glucose reading, but in that middle range I find it works well. I often finger prick just to satisfy myself. Initially I obsessed with my blood readings, but now not so much.

i find it great to know what foods I react to and what foods barely move my blood sugars. So at that level it helps you fine tune your eating habits. That is one of the great features. Obviously you are on insulin, therefore I will leave any further thoughts to those members who use insulin.

annipinkmoped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome @annipinkmoped. I love the name! I use a Libre 2. I have got so used to a sensor being there I miss it when it isn’t. I personally find it very helpful , especially the time in range feature. The sensor can become a bit flakey at low blood glucose readings and high blood glucose reading, but in that middle range I find it works well. I often finger prick just to satisfy myself. Initially I obsessed with my blood readings, but now not so much.

i find it great to know what foods I react to and what foods barely move my blood sugars. So at that level it helps you fine tune your eating habits. That is one of the great features. Obviously you are on insulin, therefore I will leave any further thoughts to those members who use insulin.

Reactions: Pringle

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Libre is great if you understand it.
It is a waste of money and brain power if you do not realise CGMs like Libre have limitations.
These are mentioned again and again and again on the forum but with so many threads on Libre they are hard to find here. This thread in another forum does a pretty good job of explaining these limits.
I recommend familiarising yourself with these limitations. Otherwise, you may find you Libre very very frustrating.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all Im type 2 I will be having a libre 2 fitted on 8 july how does everyone get on with them
Hi,

I love mine.

I personally don’t feel sensor use is a “dark art.”
Think of a meter as a “speed camera.” Average speed trap on a motorway as the HdA1c?
A sensor is more like a dash cam…

Good luck with your fitting & feel free to ask as you go along..