Freestyle libre alarms not working

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mum is using her first sensor (nhs funded) after doing the bianca course. She used one she bought in the summer, with no problems whatsoever. She still had the app on her phone, so she put the new sensor on yesterday and set up the high and low sugars for the alarm. However, the alarms are not working. Her sugar went up to 12 today, which should've set the alarm off. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, made sure all app permissions are on. It all worked fine in the summer, it's the same phone, same app, same login. It's scanning as it should, it's just these alarms. How do we get it to work?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you checked your Mum’s phone is not on mute, has notifications enabled for the LibreLink app and Bluetooth is enabled on the phone ( and Location Setvives for the LibreLink app)?
Assuming you have already used the Search field at the top of each page of the forum to check if anyone else has experienced this problem, my advice would be to contact Abbott Support.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it a Libre2 and not a Libre1?
Likely it's the 2 but I thought to check just to be sure.

Reactions: In Response

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it's the 1 you still don't have alarms though...

Ah no, I didn't realise that this is one that was a Christmas gift...she's not started the prescribed ones yet. They are libre 2.