Freestyle libre and sport

Ogi66

I need help! I am going to order a freestyle libre sensors. But I am training BJJ, grappling and wrestling and Idk how to protect sensor on back of my arm. For example someone goes for arm drag he is going to rip it off. Does someone have any experience with it or advice?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cover it? if you only want to cover it temporarily then a tubigrip or cut and old sock and use the ankle piece, or use a tegaderm patch etc, if your using a tegaderm or cohesive bandage put a piece of paper the size of a £2 coin between sensor and covering though as if it needs changed it wont tug on the sensor then, there are rugby players etc using the Libre so its very possible to do xx

MMor14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I need help! I am going to order a freestyle libre sensors. But I am training BJJ, grappling and wrestling and Idk how to protect sensor on back of my arm. For example someone goes for arm drag he is going to rip it off. Does someone have any experience with it or advice?
Did you find a solution? I'm about to start and wear a sensor.

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I work outdoors and put Hypafix (a breathable thingy) over my sensors. Advice from Abbott seems to vary country by country but the Canadian website says that a breathable cover is ok if you put it on at the same time as applying the sensor. That said I need to use adhesive remover to get the thing off after 14 days and even with the remover it's a chore. Perhaps they'd stay on even without me applying the cover

marty313

I work outdoors and put Hypafix (a breathable thingy) over my sensors. Advice from Abbott seems to vary country by country but the Canadian website says that a breathable cover is ok if you put it on at the same time as applying the sensor. That said I need to use adhesive remover to get the thing off after 14 days and even with the remover it's a chore. Perhaps they'd stay on even without me applying the cover
For me, all generations of Libre (1, 2 and 3) stayed on despite my doing regular swim/triathlon training, without any aids. I would try the sensor without any add-ons first.

Kieran2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you figure something out that works for you? I'm looking at starting some BJJ but worried about losing the sensor during practice.