Freestyle Libre - anywhere other than arm?

Cofty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all. I've used Freestyle Libre a few times - I love it - but I find it often comes off from my arm, even when using tape to help keep it on. If I catch my arm on a door, for example, it can come off.

I follow the instructions to the letter when 'infusing' it, but wondered if anyone has tried using it elsewhere (e.g. stomach, leg, backside) and found that's maintained accurate (ish!) readings / results? I've herd the stomach can work.

Thanks
Cofty

Reactions: LizzieNI
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't tried other than on the arm but there was a poster the other day who said she wore it on her bum and it was ok.

Cofty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah someone mentioned to me that they'd worn it on their stomach, I just wanted to hear if others had tried other places and if it had panned out OK in terms of readings.

Yorkey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi ! I am a newbie to the forum but go on every day and find it an excellent source of knowledge ! I too use the libra system and have had problems with doors knocking mine off aswell !!! I know use a 5 inch length of tubular bandage (basically a small sleeve) which I put over the sensor.... this has diverted any "scrapes" I have had and not had any issues since ! Hope this us helpful

Reactions: LizzieNI and porl69

Cofty

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes it is - thanks. I've used medical tape, its been great but even then I sometimes have problems. I play a lot of squash and a larger sleeve might be a little restrictive in the racket swing.
Hoping it can work on the stomach - if anyone else has experiences there?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Some guy posted a pic last week of it fixed to the front of his arm.

tubamanandy

I use mine halfway between the inside and outside of the upper part of my arm - if you put it slightly inside it's not going to get knocked off with doors etc - never even come close to knocking mine off

Ica291

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hiya,

I've tried a variety of different body parts. I tried my legs, but knocked it off pulling trousers down to go to loo.....

I tried my tummy and lower back but both those positions gave completely wacky readings(although annoyingly, lower back was most comfortable) so am guessing that is why it only works on the arm.

Mine are pretty much in the underneath of my arm and near my armpit. I use skin tac to make the area super sticky then opsite on top and so far, in 6 months of this technique, have had none come off. I also use moisturiser a lot so if it was going to dislodge am sure it would have!

Ica291

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Should also mention that the libre failed on my tummy and just stopped working altogether!