Freestyle libre blue collar

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The sensor IS NOT STUCK DEEP IN YOUR ARM, it is only a very short filament.
Depends what you call deep! Quite deep enough for me! When i had problems, at first i got irritation, and in hours my body seemed to reject, as it fell off, i was sent a replacement, tried again with the 2nd sensor, got irritation, it was thought this could be the adhesive, and some of the problems prob were with the first one, but i had been given a presc for spray on skin protector by then, to stop any irritation which it did, but still pain and burning inside my arm, after few days , ok for first day, beginning to irritate after 2nd.etc, led me to phone libre and they said take it out immediately, i did, and it is not what i call short, i thought it was much like my pump needle, except made of some material that is not steel. i tried the replacement sensor and things got worse quicker, , libre very helpful, and said remove. Libre advised report to GP. Who said not to use again. Pain, intense, INSIDE arm for weeks, gradually fading. I have had allergies for more than half a century, most ease off in days when you remove contact with the allergen, with this it took longer. Libre good, got things refunded. apart from people who have allergies, i would recommend. As far as i was concerned the sensor/needle was deep in my arm. Too deep. I wait for other products that are upcoming, hoping they wil be ok for me.

Last edited:

Jason_Avoneg

Hmm, I've stupidly applied mine to my tricep, and I can certainly feel a sensation in my arm/can feel it if I apply pressure to the sensor...but that's user retardation on my part.

Horses for courses, it doesn't work for you, but it works for others. Let's all just be content with the choices we have.