1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre CGM fail

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by JGReen3000, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JGReen3000

JGReen3000 · Newbie

So I have kind of a issue with my CGM where after Three to Four Days my Continious Glucose Monitor. stops working. well it more of goes High to about Two-Hundredd MG/DL. and then it drops down to Lo(Low). I had 3 days left of this Censor but it decided to stay at Low.

I placed this Monitor on the inside of My arm, which I read that is should on the outside of the arm. and that might be true depending on where veins, musle, fat, etc. would be in the chosen Location.

But Does this even sound normal when you have two of them do the same thing, one which was on the other arm?

2. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome!
    The libre sensor is known to be slightly inaccurate for the first few days and this is why you need to finger prick to confirm your readings. Also, do you give it 24 hours to settle before activating it?
    On the other hand, there are a few type 1s who stick it else where on their bodies and it has worked for them. However Abbott might be a bit funny about it if you're asking them for a replacement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

@JGReen3000 can you clarify your problem?
    Your title says “CGM” and “Libre”. Are you using a third party attachment (such as Miaomiao) with a third party app (such as xdrip), to convert your Libre flash monitor into a CGM with alerts?
    Or are you using the Libre reader or LibreLink to scan your sensor at least every 8 hours with no CGM alerts?

I am trying to understand where the problem may potentially be and why you describe your set up as a CGM?

I have been using Libre only and scanning with the Glimp app for a number of months. I position mine under my arm. Only once have I had any scan issues and this was reported on the LibreLink app. Glimp showed yoyoing graph jumping up and down from 3.5 to 35.
    When I reported this to Abbott, they replaced the sensor.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook