Freestyle Libre Decor

Metalmama

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I've been looking online at the Freestyle Libre stickers you can get.

Considering the price - thinking of printing my own custom style ones.

Some have a small hole in the centre and some don't. Know people that wear securing patches with no holes so assume a central hole is not necessary?

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A £2 coin makes a good template unless you have a cutting machine. I always cut a hole in mine.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As I understand it the hole is just for the initial needle insertion which pushes the filaments under the skin.

I wear a sticky patch over the sensor and there is no hole in that. I don't think it matters.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have only used ‘breathable’ tape (Opsite) over my Libremiaomiao combo so far, so I don’t cut a hole in it

think if I switched to non breathable I would it a hole...

Metalmama

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A £2 coin makes a good template unless you have a cutting machine. I always cut a hole in mine.
Thanks! Do you design your own? What labels do you use? Thinking of printing up my own but want a material that will last in the shower and take the printer ink.

Metalmama

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have only used ‘breathable’ tape (Opsite) over my Libremiaomiao combo so far, so I don’t cut a hole in it

think if I switched to non breathable I would it a hole...
Thank you : )

Metalmama

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As I understand it the hole is just for the initial needle insertion which pushes the filaments under the skin.

I wear a sticky patch over the sensor and there is no hole in that. I don't think it matters.
Thanks so much for that. Yes I have seen some folks wear huge patches over the top. Still looking into the best label to use.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks! Do you design your own? What labels do you use? Thinking of printing up my own but want a material that will last in the shower and take the printer ink.
I jus cut circles from purple carbon fibre effect vinyl.