Freestyle Libre & Diasend

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got the following from Diasend. It's a bit of a pain as I certainly find Diasend much easier than Libreview. I guess Abbott just don't want anyone else getting in on the act.

Dear diasend user,
We are contacting you as you have a FreeStyle Libre connected to your diasend account.
Abbott Diabetes Care, the manufacturer of FreeStyle Libre, has unfortunately decided to remove the ability to upload data to diasend via the LibreLink app – starting January 20th, 2020.
Until further notice, you can still upload data from your Freestyle Libre reader via USB cord: Both in-clinic via diasend/Glooko Transmitter – and from home, using the diasend Uploader software.
We truly regret this development and want to clarify that this decision is certainly not our wish, nor in any way driven by us at Glooko. We fully understand that this will have a negative impact on your diabetes management and share your frustration.
If you have any questions you are, as always, very welcome to contact our Customer Support team.
Kind regards,
The diasend team at Glooko

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too. I have forwarded to my consultant who I assume knows about it. My NHS area uses diasend for a consistent management tool for all patients.

I'll post whatever I get back.

Bit of a ****** though ain't it?

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too. I have forwarded to my consultant who I assume knows about it. My NHS area uses diasend for a consistent management tool for all patients.

I'll post whatever I get back.

Bit of a ****** though ain't it?

Edited by Mod
Whoops. Didn't think that was too bad, but I will be more careful in future.

Reactions: maglil55