FreeStyle libre graphs on mobile phone

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using my mobile phone for my libre instead of the reader.

Last night I had a big drop. How do I find out when I started to drop? Is there supposed to be a red line somewhere?
Screenshot_20211223-105325.jpg

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I recommend working through the short tutorials on the Freestyle Libre website which explain how to use the app.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
When you scan or open the app it shows you a graph. Have you looked through the menu at the top left? There's all sorts of useful graphs there.

Reactions: thewestiesmum

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
If you select Logbook from the top left menu (a number of horizontal lines) this will show you your individual readings.
This may be what your screen shot shows, although it doesn't look quite like my Android version.
Are you using an iPhone?
Anyway, on my phone if I click on an individual Logbook entry it them shows a graph which included the reading.
This does show a full day (00.00-23:59) so you might have to look at two days if your time of interest spans midnight.

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you select Logbook from the top left menu (a number of horizontal lines) this will show you your individual readings.
This may be what your screen shot shows, although it doesn't look quite like my Android version.
Are you using an iPhone?
Anyway, on my phone if I click on an individual Logbook entry it them shows a graph which included the reading.
This does show a full day (00.00-23:59) so you might have to look at two days if your time of interest spans midnight.

Screenshot_20211223-133137.jpg Screenshot_20211223-133144.jpg

Yes I'm using an Android phone.

Would you be able to tell from this when you started to drop and how long you had been low for?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reactions: Lakeslover

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From the graph, you can see that your levels started dropping at around midnight (when the line started going down) and the lowest point was at about 7:30 but not for very long.

Please can you post the times and lines you're referring to?

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
View attachment 52552

So what time did I start to drop? And how long was I low for?
Were you not taught graphs in maths at school?
From this graph you started to drop at about 1am, where the line starts going down. You were too low, underneath the red line, from about 6am-8am. Your red line, however, is set at about six mmol/l, which is higher than hypo level. Reading from the graph (and being really limited in accuracy by the the display) I'd say you were actually hypo for a few minutes at about 7:30am.

You need to be able to interpret this sort of thing to get the maximum benefit from the Libre. Maybe a meeting with your DSN to go through it would help.

Reactions: mooshk

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
View attachment 52556 View attachment 52557

Yes I'm using an Android phone.

Would you be able to tell from this when you started to drop and how long you had been low for?

Noting that you haven't posted a screenshot of the graph I suggested.
When you are in the Logbook menu, click on the reading you are most interested in and you will get a detailed display of the values around that specific reading.

If you post it here we can then help with further interpretation.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 52552

So what time did I start to drop? And how long was I low for?

upload_2021-12-23_15-49-22.png

The green line is where you were at your highest. At the bottom you can see the time, so you started to drop at around 1AM.
On the left side you can see your blood glucose. The peak stops just short of the 15 mmol/l like, so the highest you have been is around 14.

You haven't been low, because you didnt go below 4.
You have been below your target though, that's between the orange lines. Looking a the times on the bottom, you can see you were below target between shortly after 6 AM and around 8.
If you go below 4 the line will change colour.
On the left side you can see you dropped to about the middle between 3 and 6 mmol/l, so you dropped to about 4.5 at your lowest.

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Were you not taught graphs in maths at school?
From this graph you started to drop at about 1am, where the line starts going down. You were too low, underneath the red line, from about 6am-8am. Your red line, however, is set at about six mmol/l, which is higher than hypo level. Reading from the graph (and being really limited in accuracy by the the display) I'd say you were actually hypo for a few minutes at about 7:30am.

You need to be able to interpret this sort of thing to get the maximum benefit from the Libre. Maybe a meeting with your DSN to go through it would help.

I mustn't have paid attention in maths lol.

The way you have explained the graph to me is so helpful so thank you.
I've got it set to 5.6mmol for a while to try and bring back some of my loss of hypo awareness back.

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 52560

The green line is where you were at your highest. At the bottom you can see the time, so you started to drop at around 1AM.
On the left side you can see your blood glucose. The peak stops just short of the 15 mmol/l like, so the highest you have been is around 14.

You haven't been low, because you didnt go below 4.
You have been below your target though, that's between the orange lines. Looking a the times on the bottom, you can see you were below target between shortly after 6 AM and around 8.
If you go below 4 the line will change colour.
On the left side you can see you dropped to about the middle between 3 and 6 mmol/l, so you dropped to about 4.5 at your lowest.

Thank you so much for another brilliant and easy to understand explanation.

Going below 4 and the line changing colour will explain why the line changed colour on the 16th December.

Screenshot_20211223-151021.jpg

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Please can you post a screenshot of the graph which you meant?

Screenshot_2021-12-23-15-39-08-96_1f282d79cc470271d24365448b52b737.jpg

Click on a Logbook entry.
In this case the 6.8.

Screenshot_2021-12-23-15-39-21-66_1f282d79cc470271d24365448b52b737.jpg

You can now see all your readings for the day, and a graph which shows you what happened between readings.
I tend to find this more useful than the top level view already shown.

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

click on an individual Logbook entry it them shows a graph which included the reading.
View attachment 52569

In this case the 6.8.

View attachment 52570

You can now see all your readings for the day, and a graph which shows you what happened between readings.
View attachment 52569

In this case the 6.8.

View attachment 52570

Screenshot_20211223-162424.jpg
Screenshot_20211223-161937.jpg
Screenshot_20211223-161925.jpg

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
OK.
That shows you when your BG went down, and when it went up.
Do you understand the graphs now?

You have posted two graphs which are identical, one selected via the 02:50 reading and the other via the 07:49 reading.
Either is fine to show you what your BG has been doing.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm using my mobile phone for my libre instead of the reader.

Last night I had a big drop. How do I find out when I started to drop? Is there supposed to be a red line somewhere?
View attachment 52550

You should now be able to see that you started to drop soon after midnight.
You continued to drop through the night until you corrected after the 07:49 reading and your BG started to rise again.

The graph we are looking at doesn't show a red line.
@Antje77 has analysed one of your other graphs which does have a red line.