Freestyle libre heads up

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was lucky enough to have my DN prescribe the sensor. The pharmacy attached to the surgery has been trying to source them without success. They told me that there seemed to be a shortage of them since they had become available on prescription.

They phoned Asda who had some in stock and gave me a script so I could pick them up. Asda are not aware of any problems with supply.

So I am not exactly sure what's going on, just don't leave it to the last minute when you need a replacement.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It does seem variable as to which pharmacies have them and which claim they cannot source them - our Asda says they have no problems with supply and usually have quite a few in stock whenever I go in. but you are incredibly lucky to have them prescribed as a T2!!! bonus!!!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, it's the same for me as well. The pharmacy near my surgery cannot find them or order them, so they have been giving me the paper prescription to get it from another pharmacy.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does seem variable as to which pharmacies have them and which claim they cannot source them - our Asda says they have no problems with supply and usually have quite a few in stock whenever I go in. but you are incredibly lucky to have them prescribed as a T2!!! bonus!!!

I am incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful DN. I was able to provide her with evidence from my self funded FSL that the glicazide I was prescribed for steroids was causing hypos in the early hours. I could also demonstrate that my numbers made absolutely no sense in the normal T2 way of living with a LCHF diet.

I am told that I will be on steroids for around 18 months, I am under no illusions that this could be stopped at anytime and will take what I can get.

The steroids are for myasthenia gravis which is not a fun condition. Especially in this weather.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have been taking them for several years now and they have caused my diabetes which is drug induced and I must admit it does not behave like normal T2 I have had several hypos and am only on metformin.

MG sucks I hate it especially in this hot weather.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
So I am not exactly sure what's going on, just don't leave it to the last minute when you need a replacement.

It does seem to be very hit and miss. If my local Boots (quite small) doesn't have any in stock, they get them within a few days.