freestyle libre nhs

talchi88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi has anyone had any problems getting the freestyle libre on the nhs in their area? ive started a petition on www.change.org/nhscornwall tobget it available in my area, as my diabetes team told me that diabetes care in cornwall has suffered a me of the least money spent on it, and we are trying to get the libre available here to everyone that will benefit! how are long term t1s with bad glucose control finding their management?

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just moved to Bournemouth, had my first diabetes check up and they offered it to me whereas in Ealing where we moved from
didn't want to know

gbswales

I have just received my first sensor on prescription - the doctor wasnt sure if it was the right thing on the computer so just ordered one "kit" which turned out to be just the sensor and applicator that \I have normally bought. Fingers crossed the next time I go to the surgery I will get it on repeat. I am type 2 but with a poorly functioning pancreas I take insulin on demand 3 times a day and lantus at night. I also have haemophillia so was able to get that consultant to write to my GP suggesting that it would be beneficial to avoid painful finger prick sites.

Reactions: NaijaChick

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
According to Partha Kar on twitter All ccgs have been contacted nationally pointing out that it should not be a postcode lottery

Communication from @NHSDiabetesProg regards #technology #access #glucosemonitoring #T1D to all CCGs #gbdoc #CGM #Libre

https://t.co/88nCRlAJPx