Freestyle Libre + Omnipod integration

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on my 58th sensor and have tracked every reading and injection of insulin. I have compiled pages of percentages of accuracy and tallies of trends.

With my experience of the percent-error that the sensors have VS test strips, I would never trust an automated injection system based on sensor data alone. I have seen many readings as high as 120% error and base my injections on the test strip reading far more often that the meter. A recent trend is that the meter reading and the test strip readings are in sync for the first week with reasonable results then they trend to be grossly out after a week of reading.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Personally, I wouldn’t trust Libre as is to run a closed automated system, maybe it was just my body chemistry it didn’t agree with. However, Dexcom works just fine or me, and I happily run my DIY artificial pancreas using its data, which I do trust.

Plodder

After continuous problems with Libre2 sensors and awful customer service from Abbott there is no way I would dose on the basis of a Libre2 sensor reading

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would agree. I have had 2 sensors fails today. I have lost count of the number of sensors I have had replaced. I am very cautious when dosing on the basis of Libre 2 readings. I sincerely hope things improve