Freestyle libre price

Griffter15

Hi

Has anyone ordered freestyle libre sensors from a pharmacy?

My latest order from Abbot has been on hold for a week due to low stocks so I called them up and they advised I could be waiting another 2 weeks but it might be quicker to try at Boots.

I've called boots this morning and they've told me they can have then by tomorrow and the price is £29 each.

I'm not certain she had this correct and I will wait to see if they turn up tomorrow but that's a significant saving compared with buying directly from Abbot. Just thought others might be interested to know

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you get them for that price if i was you I'd also buy a lotto ticket................

Boots had a directive from Head office to sell them over the counter at the same price as Abbott online, so £48.20 something without VAT, many branches either haven't read or ignored that and are charging over the odds and some refuse to take off the VAT - other branches have issues taking the VAT off the £57.92 or their mark-up is tied in to the VAT and the till gives the price as £35 (the cost price to Boots).

I suspect They've taken the vat off the £35 to get to that price, if so can you get me 6 while you're at it?!?!?!!??

Asda should sell for £44 vat free.

Hotpot74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I called BOOTS yesterday and was told they don't order them, or aren't able to, so i rang my local Asda...they told me they'd never been asked by anyone before so recommended I left my number. I got a call back saying YES they would be £35 so ordered 3 (now bearing in mind Libre are saying they have "shortages" they called me today to say they have 3 waiting for me to collect 2mrw).... BUT they have to add on their own VAT bringing the price up to £44 each...still a saving but a little frustrating!!!!

Reactions: DonnaMac

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow they tax the bejeezus out of you that's 25%! We don't pay sales tax (8.3% here) on health care stuff like medications and wheel chairs. Whiskey yes. Pepto Bismol NO!