Freestyle Libre RMOC position statement today

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apologies if someone has already posted but this is the statement that covers all CCG’s in England as far as I can make out from twitter. (@parthakar)
My initial thoughts are, it’s ambiguous. For those of us already using the libre, do we fit the criteria of testing 8+ times per day if we’re using the libre to do It?
It states for type 1’s on mdi or pump therapy but then one of the knock out factors indicates it’s only if using the libre would mean better conrol so that a pump wouldnt be required. So I’m not sure
Would be really interested to hear others interpretation.

https://www.sps.nhs.uk/wp-content/u...se-monitoring-System-RMOC-Statement-final.pdf

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Interesting. Given the news today that DVLA are approving CGM-type systems for use when driving, that's an interesting one....

I suspect that 7. Quality of Life changes using validated rating scales. as part of hospital audits is likely to drive a lot of the increase in use.

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’d not heard that about the dvla, interesting. I always thought their ‘above 5 to drive’ guideline was a bit useless really, I do test via a finger prick for driving but the arrow on the libre is far better indication than blood on its own.
I’ve emailed my DSN today kinda under the guise of ‘I’m due a hba1c & by the way have you read this statement?’ So I’ll see if she replies or not!