FreeStyle libre sensor and diabox app

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Later today it'll be the first time since using the diabox app that I will be starting a new Leo libre sensor.
What will happen with the diabox app when my Leo libre sensor ends?
What will happen with the diabox app during/after the 60 minutes when you have to wait to start a new libre sensor?
Will I need to download and install the diabox again?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabox will keep on reading your old sensor for 12 more hours after the libre app says your sensor has ended.
So while you wait for the 60 minutes warm up after you've started your new sensor with either Librelink or the reader, you can still read the values on DiaBox.

After the warm up hour you can scan the new sensor and DiaBox will ask you if you want to start a new sensor. Select yes and it's running again!

Sometimes it takes a couple of hours for DiaBox to pick up the new sensor but you can still scan with the Libre app.

Reactions: thewestiesmum

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabox will keep on reading your old sensor for 12 more hours after the libre app says your sensor has ended.
So while you wait for the 60 minutes warm up after you've started your new sensor with either Librelink or the reader, you can still read the values on DiaBox.

After the warm up hour you can scan the new sensor and DiaBox will ask you if you want to start a new sensor. Select yes and it's running again!

Sometimes it takes a couple of hours for DiaBox to pick up the new sensor but you can still scan with the Libre app.

Thank you!

Reactions: Antje77

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Antje77, it did take several hours before diabox was running again - I was even awake half the night trying to see what the problem was and even uninstalled it then reinstalled it - anyway at some point today it's running for me again :)

Davy72

Hi Guys, was looking up means to get my glucose values on a watch. Came across & joined your forum. I don't currently have a SmartWatch, so none too familiar. I've been struggling to find clear info' on which watches are compatible with the Libre 2 patches. I'm not looking to remortgage our house to get an Apple Looking for something Android, reasonably priced & as well as my glucose I can use for sports (running, riding). Any suggestions anyone might have would much appreciated. Thanks in advance ✅