Freestyle Libre sensor Help

mkzp123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys

Need some help or advice if possible, My 9 Year old son has type 1 diabetes and we have purchased the Freestyle Libre however we are issues with the sensor getting loose and peeling off usually after 2 - 3 days time. The guys at abbot have been really helpful but was wondering if anyone has the same issues or have experienced this and what was done to rectify the fault, My son is very active and does not know if this affects the sensor. Any help and advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanking anyone in advance for any response and advice.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys

Need some help or advice if possible, My 9 Year old son has type 1 diabetes and we have purchased the Freestyle Libre however we are issues with the sensor getting loose and peeling off usually after 2 - 3 days time. The guys at abbot have been really helpful but was wondering if anyone has the same issues or have experienced this and what was done to rectify the fault, My son is very active and does not know if this affects the sensor. Any help and advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanking anyone in advance for any response and advice.

Hi there - I've personally only ever had one sensor drop off. More usually I just about have to prize them off when they expire.

There are a few threads about this already, with various folks posting their personal solutions to the problem, so a forum search might help you out whilst waiting for folks to respond.

We generally only allow one thread, by any member on any given topic, because duplicates confuse folks and you can end up with double postings and so on.

If you could choose where you might prefer your thread to be, just let me, or any other Mod know and it can be sorted by merging the threads if they each have responses.