Freestyle Libre Sensor Issues

transglobal

Hi Folks
Picked up my new FLS end of last week and no issues to date. Going on hols and asked about some added security for the sensor to stop it falling off with being in and out of water etc. I was told to use the tegaderm film dressings and then had a search on youtube and found a number of clips where others had used them to good effect. When I was given the sensor and I asked about this I was told that if using Tegaderm patches then I must cut a hole out of the middle of the patch so the hole on the sensor can breathe. I see the little hole on the sensor but in no user clip on youtube does anyone mention the need to cut the hole in the patch. Their sensors seemed to work fine without it. Has anyone any info on this?

Thanks.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi Folks
Picked up my new FLS end of last week and no issues to date. Going on hols and asked about some added security for the sensor to stop it falling off with being in and out of water etc. I was told to use the tegaderm film dressings and then had a search on youtube and found a number of clips where others had used them to good effect. When I was given the sensor and I asked about this I was told that if using Tegaderm patches then I must cut a hole out of the middle of the patch so the hole on the sensor can breathe. I see the little hole on the sensor but in no user clip on youtube does anyone mention the need to cut the hole in the patch. Their sensors seemed to work fine without it. Has anyone any info on this?

Thanks.

The hole in the centre of the Libre is where the applicator needle was. No need to cut a hole in the tagerderm!!