FreeStyle Libre sensor startup

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I am quite new to freestyle libre. I have used one sensor so far and knocked it off at day 11, other than loosing it on day 11, the libre has been fabulous. I applied a new sensor today and it will not activate. I am on my third attempt at starting up this new sensor. It was applied correctly, to a clean dry area on the back of my arm and appears to be well stuck. Has anyone had this problem. I relunctant to give up on it without a fight and at £50 a pop, I honestly can't afford to. Has anyone had this problem and do you know if Abbott will replace sensors that don't even start?
Many thanks

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you've followed all the steps then give Abbott a call as it sounds faulty and will probably be replaced.

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you've followed all the steps then give Abbott a call as it sounds faulty and will probably be replaced.
Thanks labrat. I have contacted Abbott with all the information and I am hopeful that they will replace it. It is just frustrating because I have become quite dependent on the libre and I am going to be travelling for a stressful work conference this next few days and was hoping to have the added reassurance of my libre to help cope with the massive swings in BG that travel, stress and non-home cooked food produces. I won't have time to get a new sensor before I go :-(
I guess I will just have to stab my fingers a great deal :-(

1abRat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it's quite disconcerting when you're unexpectedly separated from your Libre isn't it?

I always find I end up doing a ton of blood tests at first! Good luck with the conference and hope your replacement comes soon!

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I had this happen and eventually gave up going round in circles trying to get it started, and contacted Abbot, who "interrogated" me (they'll also ask for both your reader and the sensor serial numbers), and sent a replacement sensor together with packaging, etc, for returning the duff one for analysis.

You can use the little cog symbol on the top
RHS of your reader screen to access the Setting menu, and under System Status you'll find the Event Log which will give details of the fault: date, times and error codes for the failure, which I also quoted to them.

Robbity

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Flakey Bake

Did you email Abbott? I have read they have a bad track record at email responses. May be better to phone them.
You may be waiting a long time for email contact...
:)

Reactions: 2 people

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I had this happen and eventually gave up going round in circles trying to get it started, and contacted Abbot, who "interrogated" me (they'll also ask for both your reader and the sensor serial numbers), and sent a replacement sensor together with packaging, etc, for returning the duff one for analysis.

You can use the little cog symbol on the top
RHS of your reader screen to access the Setting menu, and under System Status you'll find the Event Log which will give details of the fault: date, times and error codes for the failure, which I also quoted to them.

Robbity
Thanks Robbity. I have found my way into the event log as suggested and have the error code. I think I have all the info for Abbott now. Much appreciated.
@Flakey Bake

Did you email Abbott? I have read they have a bad track record at email responses. May be better to phone them.
You may be waiting a long time for email contact...
:)
Hi Brunneria, If I don't get a reply tomorrow I will phone. Thanks