Freestyle libre sensors

monski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think the request has to come via your diabetes nurse/clinic then your doc can put it on your repeat prescription. I don’t think they will do it automatically.

MWilson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a letter from South West Essex (Brentwood and Basildon) stating it's a no for now but will be subject to review in the future. This was confirmed again at my recent Pump clinic.

Codythechef

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone in Essex got the sensors put on their repeat prescription by their GP.

The repeat script has to come from your diabetes team at Nhs as u must meet certain criteria for diabetes management skills/carb counting and many other various reasons. I am up in Scotland and only got my libre 2 weeks agoalthough they were available as of November 2017 apparently

steveo4

When I made enquiries at my hospital I was told to write to the mid Essex health authority as they are the ones who decide but have heard nothing I've also e mailed them but have got no response. I think my next step is to get my mp involved.

D

Deleted Account

Out of interest, why was this question posed on the pump sub-forum?
I see Libre questions posed on multiple different sub-forums (type 1, type 2, ask a question, blood glucose testing, ...).