1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle libre sensors

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by steveo4, Jan 9, 2018.

1. steveo4

steveo4 · Well-Known Member

Has anyone in Essex got the sensors put on their repeat prescription by their GP.

2. monski

monski Type 1 · Member

I think the request has to come via your diabetes nurse/clinic then your doc can put it on your repeat prescription. I don’t think they will do it automatically.

3. MWilson

MWilson Type 1 · Member

I had a letter from South West Essex (Brentwood and Basildon) stating it's a no for now but will be subject to review in the future. This was confirmed again at my recent Pump clinic.

4. Codythechef

Codythechef Type 1 · Member

The repeat script has to come from your diabetes team at Nhs as u must meet certain criteria for diabetes management skills/carb counting and many other various reasons. I am up in Scotland and only got my libre 2 weeks agoalthough they were available as of November 2017 apparently

5. steveo4

steveo4 · Well-Known Member

When I made enquiries at my hospital I was told to write to the mid Essex health authority as they are the ones who decide but have heard nothing I've also e mailed them but have got no response. I think my next step is to get my mp involved.

6. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

Out of interest, why was this question posed on the pump sub-forum?
    I see Libre questions posed on multiple different sub-forums (type 1, type 2, ask a question, blood glucose testing, ...).

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook