Freestyle libre sites

Melissa20

Does anyone wear the freestyle libre on any other site other than the back of the arm? I’ve seen videos of other diabetics wearing it on their thighs, stomach and the inner of their upper arms. I want to give the inner upper arm a go as I like the idea of it not on show and also not getting caught on things. Has anyone used it on their inner upper arm at all? Thank you :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I use mine on the inner upper arm all the time, the lady from Abbotts who was T1D wore herts there as well. Never knocked it off on a door frame (so far). There are 1 or 2 on here who wear them on their chest

Melissa20

I use mine on the inner upper arm all the time, the lady from Abbotts who was T1D wore herts there as well. Never knocked it off on a door frame (so far). There are 1 or 2 on here who wear them on their chest

Ah that’s great, thank you! Is accuracy still the same? And does it feel the same putting it in?

Reactions: Schmoukes

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Ah that’s great, thank you! Is accuracy still the same? And does it feel the same putting it in?

Only felt 1 going in in 2 years, went into the muscle (OUCHY). As for accuracy, I use mine along with the Miaomiao and can calibrate it to fingerprick tests once a day.

Reactions: Melissa20

Melissa20

Only felt 1 going in in 2 years, went into the muscle (OUCHY). As for accuracy, I use mine along with the Miaomiao and can calibrate it to fingerprick tests once a day.

This is what I’m scared about! I haven’t much fat on my upper arms so I’m scared it’ll go to my muscle, hoping it’ll be fine as it’s fine on the back of my arm! I also have an Aviva expert blood tester too so can calibrate with that! Thank you

Melissa20

My experience is the most important thing is to find a flat area to place the sensor. I have muscly arms so struggle to find an area the place it which is flat. If it is not flat, the sensor peels away, gets caught on something and falls off.
If I place my sensor on a flat area, the sensor sticks like a limpet and door frames are no problem.

Perfect! Thank you :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
This is what I’m scared about! I haven’t much fat on my upper arms so I’m scared it’ll go to my muscle, hoping it’ll be fine as it’s fine on the back of my arm! I also have an Aviva expert blood tester too so can calibrate with that! Thank you

You can only calibrate the libre with a third part add on such as Bubble or Miaomiao.
Secret to missinfg the muscle is tense your arm (as if showing your guns :)) then attach the libre just below the seen muscle

Melissa20

You can only calibrate the libre with a third part add on such as Bubble or Miaomiao.
Secret to missinfg the muscle is tense your arm (as if showing your guns :)) then attach the libre just below the seen muscle

Ahh okay!

Ah thank you for the tip!! :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm an inner upper arm site chooser my self.
I use Miaomiao & xdrip which helps with calibration. Glimp isn't a bad app if you are a scanner? (I found it less stable on my device for the Bluetooth.)

The only thing I might say about inner upper arm as a bit of a downside, is if you happen to be a hugger? ;)
Embracing can sometimes catch it. But I haven't lost a Libre to date.

Melissa20

Hi,

I'm an inner upper arm site chooser my self.
I use Miaomiao & xdrip which helps with calibration. Glimp isn't a bad app if you are a scanner? (I found it less stable on my device for the Bluetooth.)

The only thing I might say about inner upper arm as a bit of a downside, is if you happen to be a hugger? ;)
Embracing can sometimes catch it. But I haven't lost a Libre to date.

Thank you for the heads up! Will be careful hugging so glad hearing other people have it in the inner arm, makes me less anxious about trying it! :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for the heads up! Will be careful hugging so glad hearing other people have it in the inner arm, makes me less anxious about trying it! :)

I've been using Libres for a couple of years.
To be honest, from the get go I haven't placed them anywhere else.
But I have seen the YouTube site testing vids.
Door jams, guitar head stocks, stage scaffold. All have failed to touch it.

There are also laser printed armband protectors out there not just for the Libre, but also tailored for the transmitter device.
I use one for the MM2. I've seen them bespoke for The MMmk1 & Bubble too.

Melissa20

I've been using Libres for a couple of years.
To be honest, from the get go I haven't placed them anywhere else.
But I have seen the YouTube site testing vids.
Door jams, guitar head stocks, stage scaffold. All have failed to touch it.

There are also laser printed armband protectors out there not just for the Libre, but also tailored for the transmitter device.
I use one for the MM2. I've seen them bespoke for The MMmk1 & Bubble too.

Oh wow! Thank you

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow! Thank you

Scanning is probably a little more "contortionist" inside the arm?
The arm may need to be raised or moved forward a little, unlike the recommended site placement.?
(you'll see what i mean if you do a "dummy" scan in the area you plan to site the sensor?)
But the plus side for me i haven't experienced any "compression lows" (fake reading due to prolonged pressure wigging the sensor out.) from sleeping on it either..

Hope this helps. :)

Melissa20

Scanning is probably a little more "contortionist" inside the arm?
The arm may need to be raised or moved forward a little, unlike the recommended site placement.?
(you'll see what i mean if you do a "dummy" scan in the area you plan to site the sensor?)
But the plus side for me i haven't experienced any "compression lows" (fake reading due to prolonged pressure wigging the sensor out.) from sleeping on it either..

Hope this helps. :)

That makes sense! Thank you!

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I put mine on my belly have done chest too all seem fine and don’t drop off I’ve used on tricep area its ok but have pulled a few off when I yank my t shift off too quickly. , I know it’s advised for upper arm area but I’ve tried it elsewhere and all give good readings ( checked against finger prick) , and besides my mum always said I didn’t listen lol

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put mine on my belly have done chest too all seem fine and don’t drop off I’ve used on tricep area its ok but have pulled a few off when I yank my t shift off too quickly. , I know it’s advised for upper arm area but I’ve tried it elsewhere and all give good readings ( checked against finger prick) , and besides my mum always said I didn’t listen lol

Lol, I read the "destructions" & feel I'm breaching Abbott's T&C policy on site choice.?

But these guys arn't "out in the field" using it.. Removing or putting on clothing can also be it's nemesis..
My mum has Alzthiemers these days & keeps asking what it is when spotted. "A security tag from a shoplifting spree.."
"Alien autopsy implant?" My answers are endless.. ;)

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Lol, I read the "destructions" & feel I'm breaching Abbott's T&C policy on site choice.?

But these guys arn't "out in the field" using it.. Removing or putting on clothing can also be it's nemesis..
My mum has Alzthiemers these days & keeps asking what it is when spotted. "A security tag from a shoplifting spree.."
"Alien autopsy implant?" My answers are endless.. ;)
Hehehe
I’ve always been a bit of a rebel and lets face it we’ve all been guinea pigs at some point in our diabetic lives what with new innovations and diets coming along . As long as you check it against a finger prick you know how it is , I find it hard to believe that the only place the sensor will work properly / accurately is on the underside of our arms . Not a large percentage of ones body is it really..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hehehe
I’ve always been a bit of a rebel and lets face it we’ve all been guinea pigs at some point in our diabetic lives what with new innovations and diets coming along . As long as you check it against a finger prick you know how it is , I find it hard to believe that the only place the sensor will work properly / accurately is on the underside of our arms . Not a large percentage of ones body is it really..

I find making sure I am hydrated helps with a certain amount of consistency.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was thinking of wearing mine in the centre of my forehead then the only way it would get knocked off would be if I headbutt somebody. :)

holdem

I used to position mine as high up my upper arm (underside) as possible so it wasnt visible when wearing tshirts. But the consistency of reading was not good. I know put it smack back in the underside of my upper arm (like where they call it a bingo wing i think ) and it gets good consistent results (relative to my blood tests).