Freestyle Libre sticky

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all, had commented in the past how very sticky the Freestyle Libre sensor adhesive is - so much so it's always been a real effort to remove which was always reassuring to me, as I WANT them to be really well stuck so I know they'll last the full fortnight.

This weekend was changeover weekend - I applied the new sensor on Friday and then activated it this morning (Sunday), and then I removed the expired one.

It peeled off comfortably, easy as a normal plaster. I was stunned! I wondered if they'd changed the adhesive - and then my husband reminded ne that rather than swimming 4-5 times a week, for the last fortnight I've been swimming 4 times a week and running for half an hour 4 times a week - and it's presumably all that sweat that's making a big difference!

Firstly: yuck!
Secondly: had better keep an eye on this sensor if I'm going to keep going with this level of sweating! Nice.....

:)

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wish mine would stay on even if I do nowt it falls off lol I'm getting better with it using sticky tape etc but I think I'm just having a bad bunch

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's extraordinary how everyone's experiences with the Libre are so different - but then again we ARE all different!

I'm have to experiment with some gaffer tape with this one.

:joyful:

In all seriousness though, what tape do you use, @Fayefaye1429 ?

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh I use Tegderm tape it's 70p each from boots but I have been told it could be on prescription. It's an entire seal that goes o we the sensor. I find I need to change it every few days re wear and tear but it's good to keep it on.

I must admit my libre is playing up in terms of giving me I actuate readings grrr so freestyle are looking into but trusts me to have the awkward one

Reactions: 3 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh thanks @Fayefaye1429 - I'll give it a go!

Tried something or other a few weeks ago that my husband found in Superdrug - let's just say that putting it on didn't go well - we both got so cross - and not just with the tape!!!

Bad luck re your inaccurate readings - I find that mine reads a little higher than blood readings, but it tracks a similar pattern - and I'm using it to death! I use it for what I call 'reassurance testing' - previously I would test 12-14 times a day 'just to see' - but now I've got the Libre I can 'bip the Smartie' whenever I want, and I find I'm only testing before meals so as to calculate accurate boluses, and before driving. Love it!

Bit frustrated about the sweat-induced reduced stickiness but will try the tape you've recommended!

:)

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey I know what you mean I tested loads!! And was so sad when the libre was showing probs they think it's possibly a faulty on lol but hey it reminds me to use my blood monitor lol the fault was for example it told me I was 17 when I tested I was 10 so glad I blood tested other wise ek!!! But it's awesome when it works lol

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find the higher I am, the more too-high it reads - it's less inaccurate the lower it is. I'm very happy with it though - it took a while to get used to getting tuned in to the time delay factor - I have to keep reminding myself that 'that reading was 20 minutes ago' in blood glucose terms - but even that is useful, now I think about it!

Viva la Libre!