Freestyle libre suitable for younger children/babies?

Hymergirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi all,
My baby daughter is 8 months old, and is a transient neonatal diabetic. After a gap of 6 months without needing insulin, she is now back on injections, and seemingly endless heel-prick tests. Her poor tiny feet are looking really bruised. I've been researching about the freestyle libre monitor as an alternative to the prick tests, but have found that it is only approved for 4-17 year olds. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using it for children younger than this? If so, please let me know your thoughts and if possible any details about successes/failures.
Many thanks in anticipation!

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My understanding is it just hasn't been trialled in younger children rather than it isn't suitable for them.
Ask your team about it? I've certainly read of 2 year olds using it. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You'd just need to check it read accurately for your daughter.
I do find mine isn't 100% accurate and there is absolutely a lag but it does give an idea. If I know I'm 4.3 but dropping I might have something small to eat so I avoid the low. However if I'm 4.3 but steady or rising I will leave it. Similarly if I'm 9.8 but dropping I will leave it but if rising will treat. So it gives an idea of the trend which might be useful for you?