1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre when swimming

Discussion in 'Diabetes Soapbox - Have Your Say' started by chrissyrobbo, Feb 19, 2019.

1. chrissyrobbo

chrissyrobbo Type 1 · Member

What is the best cover up to use when swimming with my sensor? I had two days left and it fell off in the water?

2. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

When I went on hols to Turkey last year I used SkinTac before putting it on. Went into a Turkish Bath, diving and swimming everyday and it stuck to me like a limpet

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. chrissyrobbo

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

4. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I cover mine with a square of lint and some Opsite Flexifix from a roll. I swim train regularly for an hour at a time, so put it on as soon as I put on my new Libre and I keep it on til I change sensor. I spray Cavilon underneath as I itch without and it helps to keep it on and prevents knocking off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chrissyrobbo

Thanks, I’ll look at the pharmacy tomorrow and weigh up the best option.

6. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I tend to find all products a lot cheaper from Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook