1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

freestyle libre

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by IceLover, Apr 14, 2017.

1. IceLover

IceLover Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hello
    one of my nurses told me that there was this boy who managed to get 3 weeks out of his sensor by using his phone and the reader. does anyone know how its done?

2. eventhorizon

eventhorizon Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Probably using the Glimp app. People have reported unreliable readings after 2 weeks.

3. GrantGam

GrantGam Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It's one of those things to try at your own risk. Glimp has been known to cause sensors to die unexpectedly; and has happened to some of our forum members.

You can have a read here of moderator @tim2000s's experience:

http://www.diabettech.com/freestyle...ird-party-libre-reader-app-with-a-difference/

@Notorious managed to get 3 weeks from a sensor with Glimp and was under the impression that accuracy was sound.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #3 GrantGam, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:46 PM
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. EllsKBells

EllsKBells Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I would certainly be wary of doing that - I don't know how it would be done, although the suggestions above seem reasonable, but from my own experiences by the last day or two of the two weeks, the accuracy is definitely beginning to decline, sometimes quite dramatically.

Obviously it is your choice to make, but the balance between extra life and potential loss of accuracy is definitely worth considering.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook