freestyle libre

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello
one of my nurses told me that there was this boy who managed to get 3 weeks out of his sensor by using his phone and the reader. does anyone know how its done?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably using the Glimp app. People have reported unreliable readings after 2 weeks.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello
one of my nurses told me that there was this boy who managed to get 3 weeks out of his sensor by using his phone and the reader. does anyone know how its done?
It's one of those things to try at your own risk. Glimp has been known to cause sensors to die unexpectedly; and has happened to some of our forum members.

You can have a read here of moderator @tim2000s's experience:

http://www.diabettech.com/freestyle...ird-party-libre-reader-app-with-a-difference/

@Notorious managed to get 3 weeks from a sensor with Glimp and was under the impression that accuracy was sound.

Last edited:

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would certainly be wary of doing that - I don't know how it would be done, although the suggestions above seem reasonable, but from my own experiences by the last day or two of the two weeks, the accuracy is definitely beginning to decline, sometimes quite dramatically.

Obviously it is your choice to make, but the balance between extra life and potential loss of accuracy is definitely worth considering.