Freestyle Libre

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have just activated a new sensor this morning. The second in a fortnight as I'm trying to build up a month of roller coaster readings to show consultant at the end of year. It is recording my results but not producing a graph. Anyone else had this issue?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No. Mine shows a graph under the reading just taken and if I go to the Review History there is a daily graph there.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have just activated a new sensor this morning. The second in a fortnight as I'm trying to build up a month of roller coaster readings to show consultant at the end of year. It is recording my results but not producing a graph. Anyone else had this issue?

Give it a bit longer to settle. I have sometimes had some strange things show on the meter, like gaps in the graph, then "suddenly", it'll just sort itself out and literally, fill in the bnak spots.

If that's still happening on Monday, give Abbott a call. They're usually extremely helpful.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Give it a bit longer to settle. I have sometimes had some strange things show on the meter, like gaps in the graph, then "suddenly", it'll just sort itself out and literally, fill in the bnak spots.

If that's still happening on Monday, give Abbott a call. They're usually extremely helpful.

Thanks for that. Yes had decided I would call Monday if it hadn't settled in, but was just wondering if anyone else had had this anomaly.

Reactions: DCUKMod

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When you just start on a new sensor, then you will always have the time gap in your graph, from old sensor expiring to 1hour after you enabled your new sensor. Due to 'the ordinary rush of modern life', I have the rhythm to change my sensor every second Sunday morning, approx. 1 hour after breakfast.

This way I will typically be at home. Having a 'quiet' morning, with Sunday full breakfast routine and another sensor at the ready if I screw it up. (as I did once by scanning the old vs new twice, and the new were no longer recognized by the meter... ;o) And it enables me to measure the bg before breakfast, take my fast acting insulin for the meal, still measure then the bg again like 1 hour after the meal to control I did the right dosing. And then change the sensor right after. So I then will be ready to measure again before lunch/activities that day with the family and friends out in the wild.
For the full curves I guess you already by now download them to a computer from the meter?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When you just start on a new sensor, then you will always have the time gap in your graph, from old sensor expiring to 1hour after you enabled your new sensor. Due to 'the ordinary rush of modern life', I have the rhythm to change my sensor every second Sunday morning, approx. 1 hour after breakfast.

This way I will typically be at home. Having a 'quiet' morning, with Sunday full breakfast routine and another sensor at the ready if I screw it up. (as I did once by scanning the old vs new twice, and the new were no longer recognized by the meter... ;o) And it enables me to measure the bg before breakfast, take my fast acting insulin for the meal, still measure then the bg again like 1 hour after the meal to control I did the right dosing. And then change the sensor right after. So I then will be ready to measure again before lunch/activities that day with the family and friends out in the wild.
For the full curves I guess you already by now download them to a computer from the meter?

Well i'm 48 hours in and still no graph! The sensor I had on previously worked just fine, and I have downloaded all the info. This one scans in the moment, but not continuously.
What is most frustrating, is that I had wanted a month of consecutive results for my next consultant meeting. Not going to get that now without forking out more money.
Abbot first thing in the morning it is. Grr!

Jason_Avoneg

Call Abbott it should continue logging for 8 hours. A new sensor will have a lapse of an hour or so, but from there it should have an 8 hour log.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You shouldn't have to. but have you tried connecting your reader to you laptop/pc, and looking at any graphs on the Abbott software?

D

Diabeticliberty

You shouldn't have to. but have you tried connecting your reader to you laptop/pc, and looking at any graphs on the Abbott software?

I think that the graphs on the software package are just an enhanced version of what is displayed on the reader. It seems to me that it is the sensor that is at fault. Going into the event log in the settings option on the reader should show this and also an error code. Codes starting with ER3 are the usual ones. I have asked Abbott repeatedly for a list of error code meanings but sadly they don't seem to want to inform us all. We are after all only the poor dumb saps who are using their products

D

Diabeticliberty

Well i'm 48 hours in and still no graph! The sensor I had on previously worked just fine, and I have downloaded all the info. This one scans in the moment, but not continuously.
What is most frustrating, is that I had wanted a month of consecutive results for my next consultant meeting. Not going to get that now without forking out more money.
Abbot first thing in the morning it is. Grr!

You should not need to fork out any more money. Abbott should offer you a replacement for equipment that does not work effectively. In your first post in this thread you suggest giving your consultant graphical data from your reader at the the end of the year. This is still an option for you as you will still be able to offer general trend patterns even discounting the data from your dodgy sensor. I would advise some degree of caution how you approach your consultant however. Unless your own results are a lot more accurate than mine then you are risking having him or her suggest changes to your management regime on potentially flawed data. I frequently check my Libre against a calibrated finger prick meter and the discrepancies can vary quite dramatically. Showing Libre data to my own DSN during my last review she had the heebie geebies as she felt that I was hypoglycemic 24 hours per day 7 days per week and insisted that I dramatically reduce my insulin. It does pay to be cautious and not get dragged along in the Libre hype.

Reactions: Mark_1

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that the graphs on the software package are just an enhanced version of what is displayed on the reader. It seems to me that it is the sensor that is at fault. Going into the event log in the settings option on the reader should show this and also an error code. Codes starting with ER3 are the usual ones. I have asked Abbott repeatedly for a list of error code meanings but sadly they don't seem to want to inform us all. We are after all only the poor dumb saps who are using their products

In my personal experience, connecting the reader to the software has cleared the odd issue. I'm not suggesting that replaces any requirement to inform Abbott of the experience to date with that sensor.

Regarding the error codes; I have a feeling that the Abbott telephone analysts probably don't have the lists on the desks themselves. My feeling is they go through a diagnostic decision tree on the support lines with us, being guided at each stage by their script/map. That's a standard approach, usually used to ensure a consistent approach, and consistent outcomes.

To be honest, I use that belief to help me prepare for any calls I need to make to them, to ensure I have the data they are likely to require to hand, including timed/dated examples of "unexpected" readings/conflicts/errors, so that I'm not frantically searching for examples whilst I'm on the line.

I have had several sensors replaced by Abbott, and have never had to request that happen or get into any arguments about it.

It isn't perfect, by a stretch, but it's an extremely valuable tool that I'm sure we each deploy slightly differently and have differing objectives and expectations of.

D

Diabeticliberty

In my personal experience, connecting the reader to the software has cleared the odd issue. I'm not suggesting that replaces any requirement to inform Abbott of the experience to date with that sensor.

Regarding the error codes; I have a feeling that the Abbott telephone analysts probably don't have the lists on the desks themselves. My feeling is they go through a diagnostic decision tree on the support lines with us, being guided at each stage by their script/map. That's a standard approach, usually used to ensure a consistent approach, and consistent outcomes.

To be honest, I use that belief to help me prepare for any calls I need to make to them, to ensure I have the data they are likely to require to hand, including timed/dated examples of "unexpected" readings/conflicts/errors, so that I'm not frantically searching for examples whilst I'm on the line.

I have had several sensors replaced by Abbott, and have never had to request that happen or get into any arguments about it.

It isn't perfect, by a stretch, but it's an extremely valuable tool that I'm sure we each deploy slightly differently and have differing objectives and expectations of.

Hmmmmmmm very interesting. I think I have all the answers sometimes when in fact I do not. I have never considered plugging the sensor into my laptop when I have issues before now. Will I do this in future? Erm.........too right I will :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just logged on and seen all your replies. Thank you! I did indeed plug it into the computer. Zilch to see. Just dots! Rang Abbot this morning and went through all the procedures. In the systems there were no records from this sensor, only the last one. They will replace the sensor and the reader, as they couldn't establish where the fault was. I thought the service was very good.
As regards the accuracy, the first sensor was adrift from my blood monitor and the blood readings on the reader itself, even with the 10 minute gap. It was always persistently lower, though within the 20% allowed. This one is bang on making the whole thing even more annoying.
As regards showing the results to the consultant. I wanted to show how I am bang on steady all night until 4 am. Then whoosh with the dawn Phenomenon. As regards him changing my regime. He wouldn't, he makes suggestions, but his attitude has always been the person living with this disease knows best.