1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Omnipod, Feb 10, 2018.

?

Anyone else currently getting this on the NHS?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. been told no

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Omnipod

Omnipod Type 1 · Well-Known Member

To my surprise I went to collect my prescription and in it was Freestyle Libre sensors - 2 sensors per month on repeat. I waited 2.5 years for this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Which sounded quite good, but they withdrew the link which had different criteria to what's shown in the body of text quoted (blood testing >8 x had been removed) and they're now having another meeting next week.

Rhymes with bankers.....

3. Omnipod

definitely a post code lottery.... and a situation of how efficient and caring the Regional Medicines Optimisation Committee are in the area you reside. Perhaps some committee's have type 1 members or family members. The entire way they do it is not very fair as we all pay into the system fairly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The 'clinical need post code lottery' and not following RMOC guidelines is the basis of any complaints to anyone's local CCG, "if it's a national health service then we should get it if they do" kind of complaint, which is the line you can pursue with your local MP too, the York MP has written to the CCG to be kept updated, and I believe they will allow it with restricted uptake sooner or later.

If every T1 made a formal written complaint to their local non prescribing CCG (which has to follow NHS complaints procedures) it would up the ante somewhat, I saw just my single complaint mentioned in the minutes of our local CCG AGM and it wont be dealt with until after the commissioning decision...

• Like Like x 1
  5. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

And you are where?

6. Omnipod

west sussex

7. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Am in Leeds self funding, it is a red area. Meaning if you are lucky enough to be well controlled by working b***** hard at it you are stuffed.

Doesn’t seem quite right, this postcard lottery. Have always felt all children should be at top of queue, but the rest of us when working pay our national insurance the same as the next person.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook