Freestyle libre

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@staffsmatt when did you first register for the libre?

From what I understand they have emailed those on the waiting list that registered before 1st April(thats the latest confirmed registration I know of - staffsmatt might push the envelope even further!)

I registered on 22nd April (a date ingrained into my brain) and still waiting.

I have been lucky enough to have use of a Libre for 2 weeks, are they worth it? **** right they are!

And as mentioned above you can use the reader as a normal blood meter with the Optium strips and it can be setup to suggest bolus too (only when doing blood tests).

You can by 2 sensors every 2 weeks if you want, so you can order twice as more as you need if you want to use it 100% of the time - Personally I will buy them as and when finances dictate (I haven't told the wife we won't be ever going on holiday once I start buying as I'll know I'll always want one on the go!)

My advice is just do it!

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9th of April for me, I must have just snuck in. Hopefully you'll be in the next batch!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope so too! it really is a game changer.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Altogether now "all we want for xmas is a libra set" oh how i wish

Reactions: 3 people

Stansfieldsara

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on the list since end of May so they must be slowly getting there. I would love this for Xmas but don't think I will get it. But can wish and hope. But have asked the hospital to apply for dexcom too

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have been on the list since end of May so they must be slowly getting there. I would love this for Xmas but don't think I will get it. But can wish and hope. But have asked the hospital to apply for dexcom too
You might be surprised. They seem to be about half way through April now.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got my first email, I can by next week - for info I registered 22nd April.

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got my order invitation this morning (09:01) placed my order by 09:07 :) just got to wait the 3 - 5 days for delivery now!

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the adult part of me is thinking that it's been 6 months, another few days won't matter, the 5 year old in me keeps checking my email for a shipping notification though!

Reactions: 2 people

Stansfieldsara

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I emailed last night and got the same standard response as always. You think that they would be able to give some sort of info out really

Stansfieldsara

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so pleased I have just got an email saying I can order next week!! Wait till my daughter finds out!! I am so happy!!