FreeStyle Libre2

Emirp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dull, uninspiring people.
Prescribed the FreeStyle Libre2 just two months ago and finding it comfortable and fairly easy to use, one or two problems with the NUU reader but now sorted. What I would like to ask the FreeStyle community is what do you do with all the containers? The Sensor I know goes into my SHARPS box but what about the rest of the package doesn't the Applicator also have some type of needle in it?? Can any of it be recycled, seems such a waste on materials??

chrisbug

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Radio 1.
Hi,

When I was instructed on use I was told that the applicator and the sensor go in the sharps bin (see picture). As far as I know the other plastic containers are not recyclable. Cardboard goes in the recycling bin.

You'd think that Abbot would be able to reuse part of the packaging, I guess its difficult when it's medical waste? Does the needle within the applicator guide the flexible filament on the sensor in?

I use the clear lids that unscrew from the applicators to mix acrylic paint in, or to clean small brushes with thinners, stuff like that. So it least they don't all get sent to landfill.

20221110_175005.jpg

Reactions: sue512